Quick–What qualities come to mind when you think of an effective manager? Here is my list of the five must have qualities of an effective manager. I wrote this list (and my book) based on my experiences of working for some pretty ineffective managers.
1. Strong communicator-Communicate with your employees so they always know where they stand.
2. Be trust-worthy-Demonstrate to your people that you always have their best interest in mind.
3. Be humble-Shine the light on others so they receive the credit they are due.
4. Compassion-Give people the flexibility they need to handle personal issues that arise.
5. Sense of humor-Don’t be so serious. Allow people to have fun at work.
What would you add to this list?