Employee turnover in most organizations will increase as the economy improves and workers have more choices.
Recommendation: Here’s how you can prevent this from happening to you.
1. Do the right thing when no one is looking or listening.
2. Provide employees with regular feedback, even if it’s not good news. They want to know how they are doing.
3. Your reputation as a leader matters, as does the reputation of your company.
4. Keep the top people really happy, even if it doesn’t seem all that fair.
5. Hire for fit. Train for skill.
6. If you smell smoke, there is a big fire. Don’t ignore signs that signal your organization may be on fire.
Consider this your wake up call as many of your employees are already actively seeking new opportunities. How do I know this? Because they’ve already called me asking for help with their search.