I had the pleasure of facilitating a remarkable group of leaders in the two-day session of Move Up/Manage Right/Suddenly in Charge in Boston. I’ve worked with enough leaders to know that many are competent, but few are remarkable. Here’s what separates these people from the pack.
- Passion. They love what they do and it shows. They come to work everyday excited to be there. Their enthusiasm is contagious.
- Determination. Three of the participants completed degrees while overcoming obstacles. One did this debt free and without assistance from family or friends. Once they made the decision to pursue their degrees, they didn’t allow anything or anyone to get in their way.
- Life Learners. These people attended the session because they wanted to. Not because they had to. They saw an opportunity to learn and they took it.
- Risk Takers. Leadership isn’t for the faint of heart. These people put themselves out there not knowing what the day will bring. And then they do it again and again.
- The desire to teach others. You know it’s a great day when your students teach you a thing or two. I’m grateful for their patience in teaching me how to use Vine and helping to expand my ability to use technology. I hope they learned as much from me as I did from them.
If you missed our session in Boston, I hope you will consider joining us next month in Toronto or in Nashville this fall. I’m facilitating a number of Suddenly in Charge onsite sessions over the next several months and would be delighted to do the same for you. Contact me at Roberta@matusonconsulting.com to reserve your date.
We had an exceptional few days together, but don’t take my word for it. Watch this Video Testimonial and see for yourself.