In my recently released book, Talent Magnetism, I talk about how CEOs can increase their connection with their employees. Here are five of the many ways CEOs can dramatically improve their employee magnetism and prevent top talent from leaving.
- Hold Town Hall Meetings whenever you are on site at a remote location so you can get to know your people.
- Conduct weekly or monthly breakfasts with groups of employees so you can learn first hand what their challenges and needs might be.
- A weekly note from the CEO sent to all employees. This can be about what you are thinking about from a business perspective or even about a personal experience you’ve just had that is worthy of sharing (e.g., I spent this past weekend, volunteering…)
- Stop and take the time to have conversations with employees you pass in the hallways.
- Head up a company-wide community initiative (e.g., building bicycles for low-income kids) so your people can get to know another side of you and you can do the same.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. You’ll have to grab a copy of the book to learn other ways you can immediately increase your visibility.